Function to merge Duplicates
Is there a way to automatically merge duplicates? For instance, in the place category I have two 'Rome' entries, and two 'Hippo' entries. I'm not sure how best to merge them. Is there a way of doing this automatically that avoids human error?
The ability to merge entities could be very useful but we would have to discuss what to do with conflicting data.
- How to deal with conflicting information in general e.g. trying to find a good solution automatically, offer options (which ones?)
- User logging information (e.g. we could keep the creator from the "older" entity as creator and add the creator of the newer entity as update user)
- Descriptions (could be merged)
- Dates (we can't merge them so we have to decide at one point)
- Types (some could be merged but not all, e.g. base types)
- Links (some could be merged but not all, e.g. residence of a person)
@ Everyone: Please add a note if you can think of other complications.
Updated by Alexander Watzinger 11 months ago
- Subject changed from Query to Function to merge Duplicates
- Description updated (diff)
- Category set to Backend
- Status changed from New to Acknowledged
- Target version set to Wishlist
This sounds like a useful feature but it will take some planning (see description) and possible requires extensive work. This year we will concentrate on the next major release 4.0.0 so I put it on the Wishlist for the time being.
Thank you for the interesting suggestion.