Meeting 2021-10-05 » History » Revision 9
- Table of contents
- INDIGO Meeting 2021-10-05
INDIGO Meeting 2021-10-05¶
- OpenAtlas: Stefan Eichert, Nina Brundke, Alexander Watzinger, Bernhard Koschiček-Krombholz, Christoph Hoffmann, Jan Belik
- Spraycity: Stefan Wogrin
- LBI ArchPro: Geert Verhoeven, Jona Schlegel
- TU Wien: Johannes Otepka
- Introduction of members of different teams and opening words, introduction to Redmine and our ticketing system
- Public protocol ok? public protocol is fine for everyone involved
- Short introduction and demonstration of how to enter dates into OpenAtlas as well as the manual
- Show how users are created and how to add INDIGO team members, short introduction of different groups of users (editor, manager, etc.)
- Short introduction to different types (value types, custom types, etc.) including how to set up new types as well as parent-child relations for types
Discussing issues on the roadmap and what information will be available before OpenAtlas (e.g. time, geolocation of images) and how to import them.
- Short presentation of the CIDOC CRM by Stefan and its use within the INDIGO project; discussion of the OA shortcuts within CIDOC CRM
- INDIGO specific: Connecting actor(s) to artefacts as necessary changes in the data model is already mapped in the model but still has to be implemented in the UI
- Presentation on how to enter time spans - question: states "date" when the graffiti was created OR how long it was visible? -> Event = creation of graffiti; how long it was visible can be connected to the graffiti itself as an artefact; Idea: Connected events and artefacts to track (partial) changes over time (agency of artefacts) - best discussed when some data has been entered to see what is needed or if methods already implemented are sufficient (no problem to map it within the model though)
- First implement, manage and use vocabularies in OpenAtlas best via types as they are easy to edit during the project)
- At project's end, import them to Vocabs
- Add Vocabs URIs to type entries in OpenAtlas
- other controlled vocabularies can already be used during data entry
Maybe most users should just have the contributor role to prevent changing of vocabularies.
Where would images be saved and what information will be already included.
- in general small-sized photos can be uploaded connected to each entry to prevent any confusion
- metadata connected with camera, as well as additional data (IPPC standard - included in the (raw) photo as well as in a .XML or other text formats) will be provided; to decide: which information will be used (see ARCHE as well), including copyright information such as CC by licenses and how can this information be imported into OpenAtlas
- some metadata has to be provided to ARCHE, eg. right holder, name, photographer, etc - see ARCHE
- in any case, keep raw data to keep working with as well as derivates for long term archiving as best practice
3d geometries for graffiti could be added to OpenAtlas. They could be displayed as lines on the map but it wouldn't be possible to edit them within the application. So the main question would be how to import them.
The tracking of hours and minutes for events could be added to OpenAtlas but we should discuss where they are needed to decide if we want to add this functionality in general.
- When will data entry begin, it may begin partially e.g. to build vocabularies
- Further steps