- Table of contents
- Time intensive and requires substantial financing
A collection of ideas that haven't made it into an own ticket yet.
- Tags for projects like at craws.net (e.g. history, archaeology and prosopography, concluded, available open data ...)
- 2023: SPARQL endpoint, e.g. with karma (suggestion from Christoph) https://github.com/usc-isi-i2/Web-Karma
- 2023: Version 1
- 2023: Spatial search through coordinates
- 2023: make frontend code testable and write tests (e.g. to identify unused code)
- 2021: don't show link buttons in tabs if there are no entities to link
- 2020: Show membership at appears first if available
- 2023: Dynamic entity add: custom required types are ignored (e.g. case study at place or type). Could be problematic but not sure if it is worth the effort to add these into popup forms. Also we can't offer there e.g. an add type too.
- 2023: Dynamic entity add: it's only available for "table select" but not for "multi table select" (e.g. artifact at source). Of course it would be nice to have it there too but not sure how difficult to implement and if it there are unwanted side effects
- 2022: Member/membership: add + buttons for person/group in tab. But difficult how to differ from relation link because they too have an actor entity as origin
- 2022: Better validation for reference systems: names have to be unique and when adding one with an existing name a transaction error occurs which works but is ugly but when updating one to an existing name strange things happen.
- 2021: Update links instead recreate, test first in Journal application
- 2020: Add an additional area where existing geometries are shown (don't use label "features")
- 2020: Search function for existing entities on map
- 2020: Add database description from MEDCON/ARCHE
- 2020: Add a default value to settings and show if they are changed in views
External References (GeoNames, Wikidata)¶
- 2020: Show additional information e.g. if Wikidata id is provided also show (their) GeoNames id, Pelagios, ...
- 2020: Advanced options for GeoNames search (e.g. select categories, fuzzy or not, ..)
- Events: check dates for super and proceeding events
- Events: check links between super and proceeding events, e.g. one event can't have the same other event as super and proceeding
- 2020: Implement B.C. dates
- 2020: Warn if inconsistent dates (e.g. begin for end)
- 2020: Warn if missing dates (e.g. begin_to without begin_from)
Time intensive and requires substantial financing¶
- 2023: Multi language support for data (#1925, on roadmap)
- 2023: Factoids (linking data details to sources, make multiple and even conflicting data details possible)
- 2023: Track data changes (e.g. description diffs)
- 2020: Multi instance capability #924
- 2020: Debian package