There are different types of references (based on the CIDOC CRM) that can be used.
- Bibliography - e.g. book, inbook or article
- Edition - e.g. charter editions or chronicle edition
- External Reference - e.g. URLs of websites, DOIs etc.
- Information Carrier - e.g. a medieval charter with an specific content or a copy of it
On the reference index page you see an overview of already entered references with their class, type and description column (mouse over to see more).
Clicking on the name of a reference brings you to the detail view.
Insert and Update¶
Clicking on one of the + button at the top of the reference index page let you enter a new one. To edit a reference click on the Edit button in the detail view.
- Name (for external references there is an URL field instead of a name field)
Add a reference¶
When adding a reference (e.g. via the reference tab of an entity) it is possible to define a page (Bibliography and Edition) or to add a link text (External Reference). The link text will be shown on the info page of entities with external references, in case link text was left empty the URL will be shown.