Dedicated OpenAtlas server
OpenAtlas needs a dedicated server because at the moment instances are too distributed and cumbersome to manage.Hosting
- Financing over which institute/person, we (the developers) would need server and configuration access at provider
- As a provider Hetzner seems a good choice, we would aim for around 80 €/month
- For backups maybe take a look at Contabo or Wasabi
- Who gets access to server and provider configuration (DNS and hard reset)? Should be at least 2 for fallback/emergencies
- Which projects do we host there apart from cooperations? Demo, develop and test instances could stay on CRAWS but do we want to use it for others, e.g. pro bono instances?
- How much disk space and how to limit disk space per project? Separate partitions seems too extreme but we will need some kind of soft quota limitation (backups will multiply used volume).
- How to backup daily to a different location
- Disk space: at the least 8 TB but the more the better. Will be needed for projects, backups and RAID
- Moderately fast (CPU, RAM, connection)
- Usable for mail, e.g. no black listed IP