OpenAtlas 7.12.0 released
- the new OpenAtlas project website layout: https://openatlas.eu
- our mission statement: https://openatlas.eu/mission
A complete list of changes is available here: 7.12.0.News for Users
- Copy function for entities (#1753)
- Functionality to change the super of subunits (#1993)
- Sub artifacts/human remains can now be added via their super (#1946)
- Wider description fields (#1975)
- Additional manual entries (#1973)
- Improved performance for type views (#1997)
- Minor improvements (#1990, #1791)
OpenAtlas 7.11.0 released
This release is mostly about fixes and automating install and test procedures but there are some news for users too.
A complete list of changes is available here: 7.11.0.
- Uploaded images, if not orientated correctly already, will be auto rotated (#1943)
- Administrative units and historical places can now have associated dates (#1957)
- Buttons to export entities via the API are now always displayed at the button bar (#1963)
- Additional manual entry for radiocarbon dating (#1932)
- A new package (exiftran) is needed (#1943)
- Database systems logs before 2022 are being removed (#1964)
- An (experimental) installation via Docker is provided (#1961)
- GitHub test actions are implemented, visual confirmation is displayed in the README.md (#1582)
- For more details see install/upgrade/upgrade.md
OpenAtlas 7.10.0 released
A complete list of changes is available here: 7.10.0.News for Users
- New event class Creation to track creators of documents (#1934)
- Radiocarbon dating (#1090)
- New layout with (more) Bootstrap which looks nicer, is more consistent and works better with smaller devices (#1866)
- Additional user interface translations: Spanish and Catalan (#1921)
- Showing disk space used by the project (#1940)
- Experimental functionality to fetch data from ARCHE (#1848)
- Many form improvements like unified error messages and easier to use multi select fields
- Additional documentation in the user manual
- A new package (python3-requests) is needed
- In case you are using tests, adaption in the test configuration is needed
- For more details see install/upgrade/upgrade.md
OpenAtlas 7.9.0 released
This update is mostly about system improvements concerning file structure, logging, tests and similar.
A complete list of changes is available here: 7.9.0.
- Many fixes, general improvements and manual additions
- The file structure has been changed to consolidate project file directories (#1912).
Be sure to read the upgrade notes (install/upgrade/upgrade.md) and be aware, that external applications/scripts, e.g. backup scripts or presentation sites might need adaptions too.
OpenAtlas 7.8.0 released
A complete list of changes is available here: 7.8.0.News for Users
- Types can be set to be required at data entry (#1400)
- Artifacts (and human remains) can now be composed of other artifacts (#1647)
- Places can be added at artifacts and human remains forms dynamically (#1863)
- Selections in form popups can now be closed with clicking outside of it (#1835)
- Files can also be uploaded using a drag and drop field (#1508)
OpenAtlas 7.7.0 released
This version contains a lot of new functionality, mainly to make entering and structuring of places, artifacts and subunits a lot easier.
A complete list of changes is available here: 7.7.0.
- Artifacts and human remains can now be linked directly to places or subunits (#1587).
- Artifacts can now be used in acquisition events (#1641)
- Linking references to multiple subunits (#1541)
- New places can now be added in forms dynamically (#1785)
- Intersecting polygons on the map can now be selected individually (#1790)
- Additional checks for orphaned subunits are available in the admin area (#1811)
- A new GeoJSON is available in the API (#1817)
- The manual now also provides information about the model (#1751)
- There are some details to take care of when updating. So be sure to read the upgrade notes before (install/upgrade/upgrade.md).
- This is the last version that will support the deprecated API version 0.2. In case other systems still depend on it, they should be updated to use the 0.3 version before the next release.
OpenAtlas 7.6.0 released
A complete list of changes is available here: 7.6.0.News for Users
- To improve usability invalid form selections are now filtered (instead of displaying an error message if selected).
E.g. at an event entry it isn't possilbe anymore to select itself or a sub event as the super event (#1788)
- The import functions can now also be used for bibliographies and editions (#1781)
- Readonly users now have access to the file list (#1792)
- Time span examples were added to the manual (#1699)
Because of a bug (#1793) in 7.5.0 users with the group contributor weren't able to insert or edit data anymore.
In case you are running the 7.5.0 version and have users with the contributor group we recommend to upgrade as soon as possible.
OpenAtlas 7.5.0 released
In this release the form functions were completely rewritten, noticeable changes are listed below. A complete list of changes is available here: 7.5.0.News for Users
- Archeological subunits can now be linked like places, e.g. with events (#1637:)
- Improved user statistics (#1737)
At the type overview there are warnings displayed in case the specific type won't show up in forms because it either has no connections to classes or no sub types to select.
You might want to check them to clean up.
OpenAtlas 7.4.0 released
A complete list of changes is available here: 7.4.0.
News for users
- New event type (called event) which can be used to insert events without actors, e.g. a natural disaster (#1620)
- Human remains can now be linked to a current owner (e.g. a museum) (#1108)
- Dates can now be entered with time, configurable in your profile (#1574)
- Type names can now contain special characters (#1633)
- Layout improvements with the upgrade of Bootstrap (#1581)
- Additional step by step examples in the manual (#1725)
News for admins
- The new stable API version is now 0.3 (instead 0.2). Systems using the API (e.g. presentation sites) should be checked and adapted if needed.
Also available in: Atom