Convert artifact to place
Dear OA-Team, dear Alex, thank you a lot for your previous help - it worked immediately! Now I have another question: Photos already added to OA but those sites has been added to OA as artifacts. They should be changed to places or maybe even better become a „Feature” of a „Place” . I have to convert all these artifacts (+ a lot of pictures) to places with features. Is there a possibility without loosing all inserted pictures? Thank you a lot, best Sandrina
Updated by Alexander Watzinger 4 months ago
- Tracker changed from Feature to Question
- Project changed from OpenAtlasDiscovery (origin) to OpenAtlas
- Status changed from New to Acknowledged
Dear Sandrina, with the next version it will be possible to connect artifacts directly to places, this may solve your issue.
Anyway, images are entities too and can be connected to other entities. E.g. if you got to admin/files and click the list button you get to the overview (https://shahi.openatlas.eu/index/file).
When selecting one image (e.g. https://shahi.openatlas.eu/entity/5953) you can make new connections via the tabs to e.g. place (which also includes features, ...) and of course the other way round, so selecting a place and linking to a file from the file tab.
So one possibility to change your existing structure would be to make new connections and than remove the old ones.Some points to look out for:
- Like mentioned before, maybe the next release will solve this (artifacts can than be linked to places directly)
- If there are a lot of entries to change we might consider writing a script, e.g. changing hundreds manually would be error prone and a very tedious work
- We also should consider how structural changes may impact the frontend
I'm also not sure if I understand the underlying issue, maybe it would be better to discuss this in a meeting to avoid unnecessary work/changes. In case you prefer a meeting feel free to contact me via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Updated by Alexander Watzinger 3 months ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Closed
Thank you Sandrina for providing us with a list which artifacts to transform to features and doing the prequesites.
I've done the transformation, checked the entries and it seem to have worked out all right, see e.g. Gol Hamid https://shahi.openatlas.eu/entity/3723, it is now a feature (instead an artifact) of Mes Aynak https://shahi.openatlas.eu/entity/1778
But of course you might want to check them too. For traceability I post the respective ids here:
3723, 3762, 3734, 3768, 2844, 2846, 2848, 2830, 2832, 2834, 2836, 2838, 2840, 2842