Performance improvements are getting quite tricky with a complex model and much data.
The last changes got us around 20% overall speed gain. It could be better but waiting for new map implementations for next round.
- added transactions
- reduced system and user logging
- refactored insert entity/link to also accept ids instead of objects
- refactored insert entity/link to return ids instead of objects
tried (but no significant performance gain)
- turning off link checker
- database connection without Zend Framework
- PDO with persistent connection