Text in brackets of subtypes disappears when edited
When I edit a custom sub type with a brackets in the name, the brackets with content doesn't appear at the Name field. Confer screenshot for clarity.
Are brackets forbidden in types?
Updated by Bernhard Koschiček-Krombholz over 4 years ago
- Subject changed from Text in Brackets disappears when edited to Text in brackets of subtypes disappears when edited
Updated by Alexander Watzinger over 4 years ago
- Category set to UI
- Status changed from New to Closed
- Assignee set to Alexander Watzinger
- Target version set to 3.9.0
It's not a bug it's a feature ;)
No, seriously, type names can't include round brackets because they are already used for labels in directed types e.g. "parent of (child of)".
The two alternatives I could think of:
- use some special character string e.g. "parent of ##!## child of"
- save the opposite label information somewhere else
But both alternatives would be problematic when loosing the context e.g. the data is imported/used in other systems.
However, since this is not obvious I documented it in the manual and added a link to the type overview.
As always, thanks for reporting!