Show descriptions in all tables
It would be helpful to show the description (i.e. the full citation) of references in the datatables where the linked references are listed.
Here (as well as in other tables where references are listed) a tooltip showing the whole description would be quite helpful
Descriptions are now shown in all tables (if cut off the full text is visible on mouse over), see comments
Updated by Alexander Watzinger over 1 year ago
- Description updated (diff)
- Subject changed from Show reference description on mouseover to Show descriptions in all tables
After some consideration I decided to show descriptions in all tables. They weren't shown in some cases before (e.g. at place views) because of space problems but:
- with the new Bootstrap layout table space isn't that problematic anymore
- descriptions are helpful and needed like this reported issue demonstrates
- it is a more consistent presentation if descriptions are always available
- it simplifies the code for table generation if there are less special cases
I also changed the title of the issue to reflect this change.