Forms: add places dynamically
At event and actor forms places can now be added dynamically, e.g. at person: residence, born in and died in places.
It would be great if places can be added dynamically in forms, similar to the dynamic type creation (#1690).
- Place type (the default standard one)
- Event forms (e.g. location at activity, from and to at move, ...)
- Actor forms (e.g. person: residence, born in, died in)
Special care has to be taken because underneath 2 entities are created (object and location) but we can take a look together at it in more detail.
Updated by Andreas Olschnögger about 1 year ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Resolved
- Assignee changed from Andreas Olschnögger to Alexander Watzinger
It is now possible to dynamically create not just places but also all other related types of entities inside the table view modal.
Related Tables like in the Actor forms (residence, born in, died in) are updated when a places is created. Therefore it could be possible that with huge datasets this could take some time.
We might need to take a look at this at some point.
Updated by Alexander Watzinger about 1 year ago
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from Resolved to Closed
I have tested it and it works great. It is already merged in develop (and feature branch removed from online) and will be released with the next version.
About performance, we will look into this only in case problems are reported, a wise man (Donald Knuth) once said "Premature optimization is the root of all evil".
Thanks a lot Andi, great work and a really helpful addition to the user interface.