Adding sub artifacts
Sub artifacts can only be added from the sub artifact and not the other way round. It would be very useful to be able to add sub-artifacts to an artifact from the super, presumably by a "Link artifact" button in the Artifact tab.
Updated by Alexander Watzinger about 2 months ago
- Category set to Backend
- Status changed from New to Acknowledged
- Target version set to 7.12.0
This would indeed be very useful. There are some things we have to look out for, e.g. preventing recursive hierarchies and similar but we will definitely take a look at it.
Thank you for reporting this.
Updated by Alexander Watzinger about 1 month ago
- Subject changed from Adding sub-artifacts to Adding sub artifacts
- Status changed from Acknowledged to In Progress
We started it today in the hope to include it in the shortly upcoming release (3.11.0) but it turned out more work than expected.
Mostly because we have to filter entities and run into performance issues which we have to look into more detail.
However, we will continue it for 7.12.0, here are some notes for us as reminder where we have left off:
- So far we have a view (add_subunit) and a button for it in the artifact tab: feature_add_subunit branch
- first parameter should be a class list instead of views
- try to refactor that only exclude ids instead exclude entities are needed
- solve getting supers of subunits candidates fast (to exclude them)
Updated by Alexander Watzinger 19 days ago
- Assignee set to Alexander Watzinger
Updated by Alexander Watzinger 13 days ago
The selection is now saved, I've done the first parameter refactoring of the get_table_form() function (also in the develop branch) and implemented which classes (artifact and/or human remains) you can choose from.
I also fixed a duplicate_link check issue (already fixed in the develop branch).
- Write a test for when no duplicate links are found (not really related but should be done anyway)
- Write an SQL for direct retrieval of excluded ids because it's way to slow to filter using the model
- Refactor get_table_form() to use exclude entity ids instead excluded entities for performance reasons
Updated by Alexander Watzinger 11 days ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Closed
After some refactoring and writing an extra SQL to avoid performance issues this feature is now finished, merged to develop and can also be tested at the development demo (https://demo-dev.openatlas.eu).
@ Nicholas Melvani: this will be part of the 7.12.0 release which I guess will be at the end of March. Let me know in case you'll need it earlier, in that case we could update MAMEMS to the develop version to make this feature accessible sooner.
Updated by Nicholas Melvani 10 days ago
Thanks, Alex. End of March is fine, so I will wait for the release of 7.12.0