Current owner of artifacts
Add a possibility to select a current owner (a legal body, e.g. an institute or museum) to an artifact (e.g. a coin).
This is needed by the SHAHI project but might be useful for other projects as well.
- At artifact insert/update there is a new select field Owned by where an actor (person or group) can be selected
- At actor view is a new tab Artifact where owned artifacts are listed and can be linked and created
- Model: Artifact (E22) -> has current owner (P52) -> Actor
Updated by Alexander Watzinger almost 2 years ago
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from Acknowledged to Assigned
- Assignee set to Stefan Eichert
- Target version changed from 6.0.0 to 6.3.0
Stefan is so nice to look into it regarding the model and also in aspects of usage for finds/human remains and maybe additional connections e.g. ownership, inventory numbers, ...
Updated by Stefan Eichert almost 2 years ago
- Subject changed from Current location for artifacts to Current location for artificial objects
We could use "P52 - has current owner" http://www.cidoc-crm.org/Property/P52-has-current-owner/Version-6.2.1 in order to link physical things to actors like museums (as legal body)
The museum (or any other owner) can have a residence (P74) http://www.cidoc-crm.org/Property/P74-has-current-or-former-residence/Version-6.2.1 to link it to a place
For the future we should consider expanding this for inventorising collection objects and allow for chronological data too. E.g. If the owner changes or the object is temporarily moved to another museum. Also we can think of combining this with Inventory Numbers and more detailed locations for objects, like for example in which room, locker, display etc. they are kept.