Improved value types display
currently all value types are rendered to forms in a flat list: https://workshop.openatlas.eu/place/update/68597#
it would improve usability a lot if these were collapsible according to their hierarchy or structured into pop-overs per type category
- current expand function expands all present value types sections at once, making it type specific would require introducing type specific ids or CSS classes for appropriate sections in filters.py
Updated by Alexander Watzinger over 3 years ago
- Start date changed from 2018-08-30 to 2020-06-17
This should wait for #930 (Wikidata API) because I'm in the process of refactoring the whole form functionality there and with it the display of value types.
Also it would be much easier after I've done the refactoring which involves a lot of generalization and cleanup.
Updated by Alexander Watzinger almost 3 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Acknowledged
- Assignee deleted (
- Target version changed from 6.2.0 to Wishlist
Although this feature would be quite important we have to move it back to the wishlist because of lack of frontend developer capacities.
As it has the most votes it will be put back on the roadmap as soon as the situation changes.
Updated by Alexander Watzinger about 2 years ago
- Subject changed from Improve value types display to Improved value types display
- Status changed from Acknowledged to In Progress
- Target version changed from Wishlist to 7.1.0
Thanks a lot Andi, it already looks very nice. It's in the develop branch and can be tested at demo-dev: https://demo-dev.openatlas.eu. Don't forget to reload page (e.g. F5 with Firefox) browser when viewing to clear cache.
We may wait a few days for feedback before closing this issue.