Acquisition in combination with artifacts
Is there any way to create a new option that lets the event type 'acquisition' be used to describe artifacts?
It's quite common in historical sources to know that someone has come to possess an item without knowing how. Currently there's no way to display this because it isn't a 'move event' and it also isn't a creation event (especially not when the object is a century older than the person who acquired it!)
Updated by Alexander Watzinger 11 months ago
- Category set to Backend
- Status changed from New to Acknowledged
- Assignee set to Stefan Eichert
- Target version set to 7.7.0
Thank you for your request. It seems to be a useful feature and should be possible within the CIDOC model but Stefan will look into it in more detail before we implement it.
It's also related to #1637 Linking events with features of places, so we put in on the roadmap near this one.
Updated by Alexander Watzinger 5 months ago
- Subject changed from Use acquisition in combination with artifacts to Acquisition in combination with artifacts
- Status changed from In Progress to Closed
- Estimated time set to 2.00 h
Implemented in the develop version and will be available with the next release.
Thank you for reporting, although it took a while this new functionality is a very useful addition.