CONNEC meeting 2022-04-19¶
Updated information in the course of the meeting is in color. Every participant is welcome to add and adapt.
- OpenAtlas: Andreas Olschnögger, Alexander Watzinger, Bernhard Koschiček-Krombholz
- CONNEC: Alice Hicklin, Rebecca Grose, Victoria Leonard
This meeting will be about the presentation site for CONNEC, a prototype is available here: https://discover-connec.openatlas.eu/
Introduction of Andi
- Case studies are selected dynamically from the case study types, except "Not for presentation"
- A footer with
- About This Site: text below can be configured in OpenAtlas admin/content/Intro for frontend
- Where to Find Us: information was taken from the CONNEC project site
- Contact: text below can be configured in the OpenAtlas admin/content/Contact for frontend
- An imprint, linked on bottom of page, text configurable in OpenAtlas admin/content/Legal notice for frontend
- First basic detail views if you click on nodes on the map
- Display the CONNEC logo on top left
- Performance: we did quite some improvement in the API already but will try to make it faster
- Content and layout of
- Start page
- Detail views
- Rebecca: Will it be possible to show more information about the case study. Technically possible. Two possible methods:
- Description in the type fields. CONNEC team can change it, but it cannot be formatted nicely
- CONNEC team provides well formatted text, but it only can be changed in the code
- Victoria: We need an information site, what is on the site, what is the project about and especially how to use discover-connec. Alex suggested the intro for frontend feature in the admin page of OpenAtlas to add an introduction for the project -> #1695
- Alice: A simple teaser or information about the case study with a view more button. Alex: At type description, the first sentence should have a line break, then it can be displayed as teaser. The rest text will be displayed in "view more". The "view more" page should also contain a map with the entities of the case study. CONNEC team will provide a sketch of "view more" content
- Andi showed a new design, where the menu is inside the map
- If super case study is unchecked, every subtype is unchecked and the other way round -> #1694
- Add description, but CONNEC team will provide a list, what they want in the detail view of an event/actor/place.
- It was decided, that everything should be shown on the start page and we will continue to look into performance -> #1655
How to proceed¶While the OpenAtlas team continues to work on performance and changes discussed today the CONNEC team will work on a specification for the final design and provide detailed information, ideally with visual drafts about:
- Start page (intro area with e.g. a link to the CONNEC site, links or small boxes for case studies, map, ...)
- Case study sub sites (title, description (taken from backend), maybe a map showing only information regarding the case study, ..
- Detail view: what information to display and where, e.g. dates, descriptions, ...
- Any static site and where they should be linked, e.g. a page describing how to use the presentation site